Dear Friends, Family & Clients,
Where do I start with this subject …. the first of my blogs? I couldn’t imagine a more highly talked about and controversial health issue than the Coronavirus. This has the world in complete chaos and its trickled down to our state and local levels and right into my happy little life and new business. What is the impact on the Real Estate Industry?
School was just cancelled for a week including all athletics as well as extracurricular/after school activities and events.. College campuses are closing down, NBA has postponed the season??? NHL.. same thing.. OMG.. March Madness CANCELLED.
Who is going to be the first client to cancel their upcoming open house? I can’t say that I would blame anyone for doing so.
So here we are at the forefront of the Spring Market and Corona hits! Yikes! What’s a REALTOR® to do? How should I advise my clients to be cautious yet not panicked?
First of all, please let me share that I am just as worried as you. Even more so in some cases because I am a Transplant Recipient. .. of one BEAUTIFUL KIDNEY. The last thing I want is to get the virus. I am on immunosuppressants and very susceptible to getting sick.. so I am taking this VERY SERIOUSLY.
So I’ve been scouring the media, news and articles and the National Association of REALTORS® for guidance on this matter.
I have come up with a plan.
For those clients who are currently living in their homes and would like to have an OPEN HOUSE,
I will be:
- Requiring all visitors to disinfect their hands upon entering the home, and provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer at the door for everyone who comes in and out.
- All door knobs will be wiped down with Clorox bleach wipes both before and after the open house ( and probably during )
- All closet doors will be opened and left open so nobody needs to handle the door knobs
- All exterior doors can be left ajar
- Basement doors same thing
- All counters will be wiped with Clorox bleach wipes ( with your permission of course) or you may provide a greener solution if you prefer and I will use that
For clients who have already moved on and the house is vacant… YAY! This is good for all!
And for all our sake’s; STAY HOME if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom
For clients who are currently living in their homes and DO NOT WANT AN OPEN HOUSE, we can do private showings by appointment only for serious buyers. This will create a bit more of a nuisance for you since you likely will have to allow showings at various times of the day.. and may not result in multiple offers as we had anticipated..
In the meantime, I will continue to follow the news and update all of my clients on pre-emptive measures in getting your homes ready for the market. Please reach out to me individually with any questions.
For additional information please review: Center for Disease Control and Prevention website –
All the best,